2. Dates, Deadlines and Transfer Timing
Spring Semester (Starting in January)
|Application Available||September 1|
|Application Deadline||November 1|
|Decision Notification||November 15|
|Enrollment Confirmation Deadline||December 1|
Fall Semester (Starting in August)
|Application Available||February 1|
|Application Deadline||June 1|
|Decision Notifications||March 1|
|Enrollment Confirmation Deadline||May 1 (For Mar/ Apr decisions)|
July 1 (For May/June decisions)
Good advising makes your transfer experience better, so we require students to be in C3 at the community college for one full year before transferring into an NC State degree.
C3 students must, at the effective term of their admission into C3, remain enrolled in their community college for at least one full academic year (both fall and spring semesters) before completing their associate degree and transferring to NC State. If you’re nearly done with your associate degree, you should consider applying directly for transfer admission.
- Students interested in applying to C3 must first apply to one of our partner community colleges.
- You are admitted into the C3 program, either out of high school or early on during your community college journey.
- You will have up to three years to complete your Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), or Associate of Engineering (A.E.) degree at the partner community college. Psst! We hold C3 events year-round to help you build community at NC State and with each other. While pursuing an Associates degree, you will attend these events as well as advising sessions with us.
- You have earned your Associates degree! We help get you ready to transfer to NC State through orientation meetings before your semester begins.
- Once arriving at NC State, we continue to offer you support through on-campus events, financial aid, and assistance connecting with campus resources until graduation.
When should I apply?
You can apply to C3 while you are in high school or during your first year at your community college. You must have at least 2 semesters left before completing your associate degree.
Early College students should apply between the second semester of their junior/3rd year of high school and the 2nd semester of their senior/4th year of high school. Early college students must complete the 5th year of high school to participate in C3.
When will I hear a decision?
If you’re applying to start in January, you’ll hear by November 15, and you’ll need to let us know your decision to commit to C3 by December 1. Notifications for fall semester will be by April 1 or June 15, and you’ll need to respond by May 1 or July 1.
When would I begin?
We admit new students to C3 each fall and spring semester. For your first 2 semesters as a C3 student, you’ll be attending your community college. You would then transfer to NC State after you complete your associate degree.
Your Next Step