Program Acceptance Agreement
Understand what it takes to stay in good standing as a C3 student
C3 is more than guaranteed admission. It’s a community of people and programs designed to help you succeed in earning a four year degree from NC State. As a community, we want to be clear about what we expect from you and what you can expect from us. It’s truly a partnership as we work together to help you achieve your goals.
What we expect from you:
- Be enrolled in an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Engineering, or Associate of Arts/Sciences in Teacher Preparation degree program at a C3 partner community college.
- Enroll continuously each fall and spring semester at one of our partner community colleges. (Summer enrollment is not required.)
- Maintain full-time enrollment, taking at least 12 semester hours each fall and spring semester. You should remain full time at your community college and after transferring to NC State.
- Make ongoing progress toward your degree, taking courses that are applicable to your program of study.
- If personal, financial, or academic situations arise that require you to take a semester off or drop down to part time, contact the C3 program staff immediately to discuss alternative arrangements.
- Remain a North Carolina Resident for Tuition Purposes according to State of North Carolina residency policies.
- Apply for financial aid each year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and completing any verification requirements.
- Maintain a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on community college coursework and any coursework attempted at NC State.
- Remain in Good Standing with NC State University, including adherence to the Student Code of Conduct.
- Remain in Good Standing with your community college.
- Meet with your NC State C3 advisor at least once per semester while you are enrolled at the community college.
- Participate in a C3 Orientation session for new C3 students and complete all pre-orientation learning materials.
- Participate in a C3 Time to Transfer Onboarding Session during your final semester at the community college before transferring to NC State.
- Participate in at least one C3-sponsored event (online or in-person) each year.
- Complete an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Arts in Teacher Preparation (AATP), Associate of Science in Teacher Preparation (ASTP), or Associate of Engineering (AE) degree. This degree must be conferred by one of the C3 partner institutions and must be completed within 3 years of the start of your enrollment in the C3.
- Complete your associate degree with a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Admission to a specific major/program is not guaranteed. We guarantee admission to the University and will help you identify a department/program that meets your goals based on your specific coursework and your GPA.